iTunes Connect is a suite of web-based tools created for developers to submit and manage their apps for sale using the App Store or Mac App Store. It organizes your portfolio of store content, documents, and contact information so that you can easily find and add to the material. iTunes Connect also collects status information, feedback, and earnings information that comes from Apple. This means that you can manage your app sales progress from a single place.
Sign In to iTunes Connect
Before you can use iTunes Connect, you must have an iTunes Connect user account. There are two ways to receive an iTunes Connect account:
- Start your own iTunes Connect organization by enrolling in an Apple Developer Program. You can then sign in to iTunes Connect as your organization’s team agent. The Apple ID you used for the Apple Developer Program is your credential to sign in to iTunes Connect.
- Be invited into an existing iTunes Connect organization. The organization’s team agent or another user with an iTunes Connect Admin role must create your account using your name and email address. If the email address isn’t already an Apple ID, iTunes Connect generates an Apple ID using this email address. See “Setting Up User Accounts” for instructions for creating new users and for what to do if a member of your organization already has an Apple ID.
The Apple ID and password are the credentials used to access your iTunes Connect user account.
Find Functionality by Module
iTunes Connect is divided into modules, each of which organizes the tasks you can accomplish. You see the modules on the iTunes Connect homepage that correspond to the roles assigned to your user account. Table 1-1 describes each module.
|Sales and Trends. View reports that show sales and download metrics and trends over time.|
|Contracts, Tax, and Banking. Accept the terms of the App Store Paid Applications or iAd App Network Contract. Download a PDF copy of your contract. This is where you would enter tax information and set up electronic banking information to receive earnings payments from Apple.|
|Payments and Financial Reports. View and download your monthly financial reports and payments.|
See Payments and Financial Reports Guide to learn how to view your available monthly Financial Report earnings, amount owed, and last payment.
|Manage Users. Add and delete your iTunes Connect users or test users and change users’ roles and notification settings.|
|Manage Your Apps. Add, view, and manage your apps on the store. This is where you would configure store technologies such as iCloud, Game Center, In-App Purchase, and Newsstand.|
|Grow Your Business With iAd. Set up and manage the iAd App Network to present advertising in your ad-ready apps.|
|Catalog Reports. Request and download reports describing your store content.|
|Support. Get answers to your questions from Apple developers, from frequently asked questions, by viewing Apple video tutorials and documents, or by contacting an App Store representative.|
Take iTunes Connect with You
The iTunes Connect Mobile app is an extension of iTunes Connect that presents sales and trend information about your apps. The underlying unit data is the same information that continues to be available to you in the Sales and Trends module in iTunes Connect. You can also view your apps’ customer reviews, reject a binary, release an app, and perform other types of basic app management actions.
Get Support Through FAQs, Forums, Videos, and More
The Support module gives you access to rich sources of information for distributing apps:
- Frequently Asked Questions. FAQs provide distinct organization and direct access to specific topics that may help you find answers that you weren’t able to find in this document.
- Forums. The developer forum gives you the opportunity to find solutions from and share tips with other Apple developers.
- Contact Us. A series of menus and options help you precisely identify an issue. This decision tree directs you to FAQs related to the question and to Contact Us forms that are sent to the appropriate Apple representative.
- Video Tutorials and Documents. The Support module provides videos and documents focusing on getting-started tasks, app preparation and delivery, and using iTunes Connect itself.
Open Support from the iTunes Connect homepage; you can also go directly to Contact Us or FAQs using links at the bottom of any iTunes Connect page.
Now that you know how to access the tools, think about what information you want to use to present your app on the store. The next chapter describes what kinds of material you can provide and gives tips on how to make it attractive and compelling to customers.