A custom B2B app is only available to the Volume Purchase Program customers that you specify in iTunes Connect, and it is available only in the applicable territories. For example, U.S. Volume Purchase Program customers must use the U.S. App Store Volume Purchase Program for Business. Custom B2B apps aren’t available to educational institutions. To learn more, see the Volume Purchase Program for Business webpage. To learn more about how your customers can sign up for the Volume Purchase Program, visit the VPP for Business Enrollment webpage.
To configure a custom B2B app, be prepared to provide the following:
- Paid Applications contract. Even though custom B2B apps can be free, you must have a Paid Applications contract for your app to be visible on the Custom B2B App Store.
- Apple IDs for the customers to whom the app will be available. You indicate your customers by specifying their Apple IDs created for use with the Volume Purchase Program. You must enter at least one Apple ID, and you can enter any number of Apple IDs.
To make an app available privately
- Create an iTunes Connect record for the app, as described in “To add a record to iTunes Connect for a new app.”
- On the App Summary page, click Rights and Pricing.
- Select Custom B2B App.
- Click Add Apple ID.
- Enter an Apple ID created for use with the Volume Purchase Program, then press the Return key.
- Repeat step 5 for each Apple ID you want to add.
- Click Save.If an Apple ID isn’t one created for the Volume Purchase Program, you see an error at the top of the page and the Apple ID is removed from the list.